Yesterday I finished the Coriolis socks, and I love them. They match rather than mirror, because I forgot to read the ‘second sock’ bits of the instructions, but I don’t care.
I used a modified version of Cat Bordhi’s modified icord bind off, continuing the stitches from the spiral ‘seam’ into the icord. It’s a bit wasted because the tops curl out, but it seemed the right edging to use – I tried single rib, but it didn’t really go with the rest of the sock, and I didn’t want a too-fancy edging. I’m wearing them now, and they’re very comfy. The spiral does slightly restrict stretch in putting them on, but not too much, and they’re fine once on.
In other knitting news, I finished the red mini-cardi and frogged it – the back flared out, and I just didn’t like it. I don’t know yet what the yarn will be reborn as.
I’ve also frogged the BMP riverbed socks. There were too many mistakes, and it had been neglected for too long. Their successor is already in swatch, though, so the general plan is still active.
Finally, I’ve started spinning up some BFL, but I’m planning to write that whole project up in one go, so no more details yet.
Oh, and I’ve got two knitting/spinning dates coming up in the next few days, so there will probably be more to write about soon.