Recategorising = better results

I have just derived a ridiculous amount of pleasure from recategorising two of my WIPs on Ravelry as hibernating instead of in progress. This means I officially now only have four WIPs, one of which (the scrap scarf) is deliberately a long-term project, so also doesn’t count. Three things in progress! Hoorah!

Those things are:

  • The Shadow and Ghost socks. I’ve made Shadow’s sock and now have to cast on for Ghost’s. I’m reasonably optimistic that it will go quickly once I begin – having the colours the other way round should solve some of my second sock syndrome, because I’ll be watching eagerly to see how it looks reversed.
  • The purple cable cardigan. No hurry on this – it’s taken its time already, and at the moment my creative energy is going into spinning rather than designing. But the Harmony needles are calling me, so I’ll probably take it up again soon.
  • The red cardigan. I’m bored of this, which is ridiculous because (as I say every time I mention it), there’s not long to go before the underarms, at which point it will become less unwieldy. More wieldly :-)

Otherwise, I’m just finishing up plying some (wheelspun) hand-dyed pink and red merino from Violet Green that Dyddgu traded me for the ex-Jaywalker sassy stripes. The pinks are rather brighter than I usually like, but it’s very lovely, and I think I’ve just decided what to make with it (assuming there will be enough, which I’m not quite sure about). It’s going to be an entrelac scarf, which should show off the colour changes without being the sort of variegated I don’t like. And I’m considering alternating squares of stocking stitch with squares of reverse stocking stitch to make it more two-sided. I’ll swatch when I’ve finished plying, and finished the yarn.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend