…Yeah, I know. And the pope shits in the woods.
After saying I might get a pair of mittens out of the green-and-orange combo when I’d finished Tomten and the jester hat, I realised that I really should weigh the remaining yarn and work out how much of it was left. It was more than I thought:
This is the seamless baby kimono, with added colourwork – the large star at centre-back is intarsia (apart from the points at the bottom, which are stranded), and the band of small stars are stranded. The light-green-and-orange doesn’t work very well from a contrast point of view, because the colours are too similar in brightness, but it was fun knitting it, and has reminded me that even though I’m evidently incapable of maintaining motivation for stranded knitting for two socks, I do enjoy it in smaller amounts.
Since taking the photo, I’ve finished the body, and am now working on both sleeves in parallel, because I’ll be finishing them on fumes and I want the stripes to match. Sadly there’s not enough yarn left to do a band of the smaller stars on the sleeves as well.