I haven’t done much knitting since I got back from holiday, so it’s taken until today to finish the heel:
All is not going smoothly, however – I twisted some stitches when starting the leg, and now have to do some complicated untangling. Writing this blog post is useful procrastination
I’ve also been doing some weaving on the red leaf wrap (no photos, cos they wouldn’t look any different from the last time I photographed it), after showing the loom off to my parents yesterday re-enthused me about the project
Setting up the loom to weave this took all day on Saturday. Several hours in the morning for measuring the warp threads, several more hours for threading alternate warp threads through the holes on the heddle at a crafting date with Sadie, B and G in the afternoon, and another hour or so in the evening tying on the warp. It wasn’t until Sunday that I finally got to start weaving, and it almost feels like an anticlimax after spending so much time in planning and preparation
The fabric looks puckered because I’m deliberately making each row of weft slightly longer than the width of the warp, so that when it’s finished and washed the extra length of the weft will, I hope, even out and partly cover the warp, making weft-dominant fabric.