Tomten is now finished, apart from the buttons and button loops. I’m trying to source some green plastic toggles for this, but I can’t finish the icord trim until I know what I’m doing about fastenings.
Despite being made of the same yarn, at the same gauge, the jester hat doesn’t match the hoodie at all, which is good and nicely avoids the absurdity of making a hat to go with a hoodie
I might make some little pom-poms for the corners of this, and I’ve got a fair chunk of yarn left, so I’ll probably make some mittens as well.
I’ve now finished the body and the hood of Tomten (sewing in the ends as I go); only the sleeves left to do!
…Is what happens when I have loads of ideas for things I want to do, and I flit manically between them, unable to settle on anything for long enough to make decent progress
My second package arrived today, and I’ve swatched and started knitting EZ’s Tomten, for Thursday (which is what we’re calling my oldest friend’s child-to-be). I love knitting baby things – they’re small and quick, and I get to knit with bright colour combinations that most of the other people I knit for wouldn’t wear.
I haven’t done much knitting since I got back from holiday, so it’s taken until today to finish the heel:
All is not going smoothly, however – I twisted some stitches when starting the leg, and now have to do some complicated untangling. Writing this blog post is useful procrastination
I’ve also been doing some weaving on the red leaf wrap (no photos, cos they wouldn’t look any different from the last time I photographed it), after showing the loom off to my parents yesterday re-enthused me about the project
I’ve just come back from a week roleplaying in Lincolnshire, during which I did quite a lot of knitting – my second pair of push-me-pull-you socks, for R this time (on the equivalent roleplaying holiday last year, I also made socks for him). I took this photo as I was just about to turn the heel:
The heel is progressing slowly so far, because I got my yarns mixed up and had to tink about three rows, but I think I’ve got it fixed now.