Inspired by the ‘Under the party tree’ mitts I was knitting in September, I designed a hat to use up the last of the skein from the mitts. And then I adapted the hat to work in a larger gauge as well.
I’ve just uploaded the update of Dylan’s elephants to Ravelry, now available in sizes from newborn to 3 years, and with yarn requirements for each section, making it a great stash buster to use up ends of sock yarn (not that this is what I did with my second knit of it, ahem).
Making progress with test knitting a larger size of Dylan’s Elephants – just starting on the first striped sleeve, after careful yarn weighing and calculating to decide which sections to do in which colours. Just crossing my fingers that the blue holds out for two striped sleeves!
First this yarn was a cardigan that I liked, but which was too broad in the shoulders and was never quite comfortable. Then it was a sweatrr, but it was a bit too small, and I didn’t really like the blobs.
But then TechKnitter unvented a new steeking technique which I wanted to try, so I convinced myself that the yarn wouldn’t bear another frogging and reknitting and took scissors to it.
The steek technique is great, and creates beautiful edges, and the cardigan gives every appearance of having been designed expressly for my mum, who is much happier with it than I ever was. I call that a win.